- Bromium is announcing a Capture the Flag Bring Your Own Malware (BYOM) competition
- To win a $30,000 cash prize, you have to submit a sample of malware that successfully breaks out from our hardware-enforced containment and gains access to the flag file
- For details, rules, and submission instructions, visit www.bromium.com/byom
This week, Bromium announced a Capture the Flag challenge: in order to win, you have to submit a sample of malware that successfully breaks out from our hardware-enforced containment. If your malware escapes from the Bromium micro-VM and gains access to the flag file, a $30,000 cash prize will be yours!
Sounds easy? Perhaps not so fast… We have been offering similar challenges at security conferences and other industry events for quite some time. Plus, we ran a bounty program with BugCrowd for a year, and so far, nobody’s malware had successfully penetrated the Bromium-protected endpoint.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are up to the challenge, we invite you to try your malware’s strength against Bromium’s application isolation and containment technology. Register for the challenge here, and then follow the instructions to upload your malware sample. Bromium engineers will execute your malware on one of our Windows 7 or Windows 10 machines to see if it can successfully capture the flag. For this challenge, we only accept malware in the form of a Microsoft Office and PDF files. To be eligible for the cash award, you will need to send us your full name, company name, and a valid email address.
The Bring Your Own Malware page provides most of the answers, including:
- How to submit malware samples
- What kind of malware can be entered
- Which types of malware are not allowed
- What information is required from a contestant
- How the malware is executed
- How the results are interpreted and what’s considered a breach
- Complete list of supported OS and other configurations
- And all the legal stuff that’s required to run a contest like this
Ready, Set, Go!
We are excited to up the ante from our previous challenges and offer a $30,000 prize to anyone who manages to successfully breach our defenses. Bromium application isolation is up to the challenge. Are you?
Visit BYOM page for complete contest information and submission instructions.
Contact us if you have any questions.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Bromium authored by Jessica Morales. Read the original post at: https://www.bromium.com/bromium-announces-capture-the-flag-byom-challenge/