Gartner has named Imperva as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls (WAF) — for the fifth year in a row! Our combination of on-premises appliances, cloud WAF, shared threat intelligence and flexible licensing once again cement us as the best choice for companies to protect their websites and applications.
Having recently added attack analytics and role-based administration capabilities to our offering, Imperva offers flexible deployment options to maintain full protection as application environments continue to shift.
Web Application Attacks a Leading Cause of Data Breaches
According to the 2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), web application attacks once again rank as the leading cause of data breaches. Out of more than 2,216 data breaches this year so far, 48% resulted from hacks, with denial of service (DoS) attacks taking the top spot.
While the numbers sure help us understand the scale of attacks, the DBIR adds that “the focus should be less on the number of incidents and more on realizing that the degree of certainty that they will occur is almost in the same class as death and taxes.”
Your Apps Are Safer in Our Corner
As enterprises move applications to private and public cloud infrastructures, it becomes more important to adopt solutions that can be adapted to any cloud provider or any on-premises deployment. The Imperva WAF product line does exactly that.
In the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls (Figure 1), Gartner recognized Imperva as “a good shortlist candidate for all kind of organizations, especially large enterprises looking for high-security WAF appliances, or organizations planning to transition their applications from on-premises to the cloud.”
Making the leader’s quadrant five years in a row is no small feat, here’s how we did it:
- Imperva is one of the only vendors providing both WAF appliances and cloud WAF services to achieve strong visibility in shortlists and large customer bases, for both segments.
- Gartner clients using Imperva SecureSphere continue to praise our customer support and noted improvements in Imperva Incapsula’s bot mitigation capabilities.
- Imperva Incapsula and SecureSphere benefit from shared threat intelligence from ThreatRadar.
- We recently released attack analytics for unified and improved monitoring for SecureSphere and Incapsula, and made the first version of role-based administration for Incapsula available.
- We have a strong global WAF presence and offer effective support across most regions. Recently, our presence in the APAC region has been especially strong.
Read the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls report to learn more.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Imperva. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Blog | Imperva authored by Gerhard Jacobs. Read the original post at: https://www.imperva.com/blog/2018/09/imperva-recognized-as-a-2018-gartner-magic-quadrant-waf-leader-five-years-running/