We admit we’ve posted some rather embarrassing posts on social media. In particular, my co-host, Mike Johnson, talks about a post he initially regretted, but then realized it’s what brought all of us together. In fact, it’s a post that initiated much of the discussion we’re having today about the relationships between CISOs and security vendors.
On this week’s episode of the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast, we discuss:
- A CISO that eagerly wants to talk to security vendors: CISO of Mitel, and former guest, Allan Alford sent a shock through the industry when he said he was going to reserve time to actually speak with security vendors. Why was this announcement such a big deal?
- One CISO and one CTO admit to posts they regret: Turns out posts you wish you didn’t write actually shake up the pot so much that they form relations, like the two you hear on this show.
- We play “What’s Worse?!” Possibly our toughest round of the game ever. Hint: think security policies.
- What Do You Think of This Pitch? Mike and our guest dissect a pitch from a listener. They advise what should be taken out, and what should be put in its place.
- Ask a CISO: Do CISOs need consultative resellers? When are they valuable? If not now, were they valuable?
- And as always, we’ve got launch with a great 10-second security tip.
Listen and Subscribe to the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast
So many ways to connect and listen to the podcast.