Configuring Okta Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), a user can use their managed account credentials to sign in to enterprise cloud applications via Single Sign-On (SSO). An Identity Provider (IdP) service provides administrators with a single place to manage all users and cloud applications. You don’t have to manage individual user IDs and passwords tied to individual cloud applications for each of your users. An IdP service provides your users with a unified sign-on across all their enterprise cloud applications.
How to Configure Okta Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
- Log in to your Okta account and navigate to the Admin dashboard.
The Dashboard is displayed.
- From the Shortcuts menu, click Add Applications. The Add Application window is displayed.
- Click Create New App. The Create a New Application Integration dialog is displayed.
- In the Sign on method field, select SAML 2.0 and click Create. The Create SAML Integration window is displayed and opens at the General Settings tab.
- In the App name field, enter a name, and click Next. The Configure SAML tab is displayed.
- Log in to Netsparker Cloud, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the SAML 2.0 Service URL field.
- Then in Okta, paste the URL into the Single sign on URL field.
- In Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, copy the URL from the Identifier field.
- Finally, in Okta paste the URL into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field.
- Click Finish, and ensure that you assign your users.
- Navigate to the Applications window and click the Sign On tab. The Sign On tab is displayed.
- Click View Setup Instructions.
- In the window that is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the Identity Provider Issuer field.
- Then log in to Netsparker Cloud, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select the Okta tab and paste the URL into the Idp Identifier field.
- Next, copy the URL from the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL field.
- Then in Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, paste the URL into the SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- Copy the content from the X.509 Certificate field.
- Finally, in Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, paste it into the X.509 Certificate field.
- In Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, click Save Changes.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Netsparker, Web Application Security Scanner authored by Netsparker Security Team. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/netsparker/~3/fG3C7buJqzo/