Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), a user can use their managed account credentials to sign in to enterprise cloud applications via Single Sign-On (SSO). An Identity Provider (IdP) service provides administrators with a single place to manage all users and cloud applications. You don’t have to manage individual user IDs and passwords tied to individual cloud applications for each of your users. An IdP service provides your users with a unified sign-on across all their enterprise cloud applications.
How to Configure PingIdentity Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
- Log in to your PingIdentity account and navigate to My Applications.
- Click Add Application, then New SAML Application.
The Application Details window is displayed.
- Complete the Application Name and Application Description fields.
- From the Category dropdown, select an option.
- Click Continue to Next Step. The Application Configuration window is displayed.
- Select I have the SAML configuration.
- Next, log in to Netsparker Cloud, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select the PingIdentity tab.
- Copy the URL from the SAML 2.0 Service URL field.
- Then, in PingIdentity’s Application Configuration window, paste the URL into the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) field.
- Finally, in Netsparker, copy the URL from the Identifier field.
- Then, in PingIdentity’s Application Configuration window, paste the URL into the Entity ID field.
- Click Save & Publish. The Review Setup window is displayed.
- In the SAML Metadata field, click Download to download the SAML metadata.
- Click Finish, and assign your users.
- Open the downloaded SAML metadata file, and copy the URL located in the EntityDescriptor node>entityID attribute:
- Then, log in to Netsparker Cloud, and from the main menu click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select PingIdentity tab, and the paste the URL into Idp Identifier field.
- Next, copy the URL from the SingleSignOnService node>Location attribute field.
- Then in Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, paste the URL into SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- Finally, copy the content of the X509Certificate node (signing).
- Then in Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, paste it into the X.509 Certificate field.
- In Netsparker Cloud’s Single Sign-On window, click Save Changes.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Netsparker, Web Application Security Scanner authored by Netsparker Security Team. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/netsparker/~3/9e7ItJSxfSU/