Susan Morrow, head of research and development at Avoco Secure, returns to the podcast to discuss her 20 years in the security industry, how she landed a fortune 500 client working from her bedroom, and the growing role of women in the industry.
In the podcast, Morrow and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– When did you first get interested in security? (1:20)
– Tell us about the many different cybersecurity hats you’ve had to wear at Avoco Secure and elsewhere? (4:10)
– What are some of the typical job duties and projects you work on? (8:10)
– What kind of hours do you work and what’s your daily schedule like? (12:00)
– You’ve criticized sexism in the industry in the past. Do you think people speaking up are helping change the industry? (14:50)
– How can you help people get past impostor syndrome? (20:50)
– Why are women not applying for open infosec positions? (31:20)
– Do you have any examples of how a diverse team leads to better products? (36:55)
About the Cyber Work Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Cyber Work, host Chris Sienko sits down with a new industry thought leader to discuss the latest cybersecurity trends — and how those trends are affecting the work of infosec professionals. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Infosec Resources authored by Jeff Peters. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/infosecResources/~3/RUw1jtAdaCY/