Anu Yamunan, VP of product management and research at Exabeam, discusses her 18 years of experience designing and securing products, and how data science and machine learning are being used in the cybersecurity industry.
In the podcast, Yamunan and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– How did you first get interested in computers and security? (1:15)
– What are your daily job duties and favorite aspects of the job? (3:00)
– What previous jobs and skills helped you springboard into your current position? (4:50)
– What are data science and machine learning? (7:50)
– What are the skills, certifications and background needed to get involved in cybersecurity machine learning and data science? (11:25)
– What has been your experience as a women in the cybersecurity field? (13:35)
– What are you thoughts on finding and recruiting more diverse candidates? (16:05)
– What tips would you give to women entering the world of cybersecurity? (20:15)
– What are some upcoming innovations in data science and machine learning that you’re looking forward to? (24:20)
About the Cyber Work Podcast
Knowledge is your best defense against cybercrime. Each week on Cyber Work, host Chris Sienko sits down with a new industry thought leader to discuss the latest cybersecurity trends — and how those trends are affecting the work of infosec professionals. Together we’ll empower everyone with the knowledge to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Infosec Resources authored by Jeff Peters. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/infosecResources/~3/znnMFlf0Sk4/