Consider this – due to an accidental deletion or a tool update, a bunch of G Suite user accounts get deleted. Panic! How can you get your G Suite user account up and running online again, just as it was before with all the data intact? Spanning helps you convert the stress of data loss to easy recovery. Fully restore the data from the deleted account to an active account with Spanning.
Follow these simple steps to recover the G Suite user accounts in just a matter of clicks:
- Create a replacement G Suite account where all the recovered data can be moved to.
- Use the cross-user restore function in Spanning Backup to restore the data from the deleted account. To do this, log into Spanning Backup as the super-admin and navigate into the user account that has been deleted.
- Under Restore, go to the Gmail tab and choose all of the messages under All Mail to be restored into the new G Suite account.
- Click Restore and choose the new G Suite user account you created for the data to land.
- Repeat this process under the Drive, Calendars, Contacts and Sites sections until everything you need has been restored to the new account.
Congratulations! You’ve restored data into a G Suite account. Now, you may be wondering what your data looks like after having temporarily disappeared into the ether of the Internet. Does it look the same as it was before? Is it in the same location you remember putting it in? Can the same people you have shared it with still access the information? With Spanning, the answer to each of these questions is…yes!
At Spanning, we believe that the restore process should be simple, intuitive, and flexible. Thus we allow users to select as much or as little data as they choose, pick a specific date from which to restore and maintain the integrity of the information as much as possible. The following features translate these features into real product benefits:
- Point-in-time Restore: gives users the option to access historical versions of all data and restore the desired version of information.
- Metadata Backup: means that Spanning helps restore your data to its full and original state, including document directory structure, nested folders, site structure, sharing and permissions settings, and more.
- Email Search and Filter: lets users easily find and select emails to be restored by date, label, sender, and subject line.
- Team Drives Restore: supports recovery of your Team Drives data including folder structure and sharing settings.
- Cross-user Restore: lets you restore data from one user account into another, which is especially useful for employee on-boarding and off-boarding.
To learn why Spanning Backup is known for providing the easiest data recovery in the industry, watch a short demo.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Spanning authored by Daivat Dholakia. Read the original post at: https://spanning.com/blog/google-account-recovery-get-your-data-back-the-way-it-was-in-just-a-few-cli/