On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, Jay Rodne, Privacy Director at Sentinel and former Washington State Representative, and Aaron Weller, VP of Strategy at Sentinel and Fellow of Information Privacy, discuss the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA, which gives California residents more control over the use of their data and regulators increased powers to punish organizations, goes into effect on January 1, 2020.
Moderator Camille DuPuis helps guide the discussion around:
- An overview of CCPA and how it may impact your organization
- How privacy laws may continue to evolve due to CCPA
- Steps to help you prepare for CCPA
- And questions from live attendees
– Get your free e-book, “California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 — What you need to know”: https://www2.infosecinstitute.com/ccpa-podcast-ebook
– Special offer for CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
About CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute
Get security awareness and IT training insight direct from the trenches in this weekly podcast hosted by InfoSec Institute’s Chris Sienko. Each week on CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute, IT and security practitioners share their insights into a new topic, including security awareness, IT and security careers and keeping organizations safe from cybercrime.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from InfoSec Resources authored by Jeff Peters. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/infosecResources/~3/BdL3Zb2o66c/