On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, Dan Cornell, chief technology officer at Denim Group, discusses his career journey and some of the steps you can take to begin a career in Application Security (AppSec).
In the podcast, Cornell and host Chris Sienko discuss:
- How did you get interested in application security as a career? (1:10)
- What were the major steps you took and skills you learned to become an authority in the field? (4:55)
- What are the day-to-day activities of an AppSec architect or creator? (11:30)
- Is there a great deal of fluidity in the job of AppSec? (17:05)
- What is the role of professional education in learning the roles of AppSec? (18:50)
- What sort of activities should you be interested in if you’re thinking of AppSec as a profession? (22:55)
- What types of companies or organizations require a specialist in AppSec? (28:20)
- What’s one thing someone listening can do today to get closer to the path of being an AppSec architect or designer? (31:10)
- How is a career in AppSec likely to change in the future? (36:15)
- Tell us about ThreatFix, Denim Group’s web application security platform. (40:05)
About CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute
Get security awareness and IT training insight direct from the trenches in this weekly podcast hosted by InfoSec Institute’s Chris Sienko. Each week on CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute, IT and security practitioners share their insights into a new topic, including security awareness, IT and security careers and keeping organizations safe from cybercrime.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from InfoSec Resources authored by Jeff Peters. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/infosecResources/~3/KcgUbjS7Oq4/