- Indicators within normal range, but showing a slight increase in the number of global attacks, as well as on the spam front.
- Top states targeted by cyber-crime activity are California, Texas and Florida. The least affected state is Missouri.
- Bitdefender Finds Hackers Targeting High-Profile US Election Candidates Using Fake Domains with Fake Scandals
In the News
- No significant news related to the Midterm Elections today.
Legend & Terms
- All information below is property of Bitdefender, and based on Bitdefender monitoring systems which are proprietary and curated to remove false positives, etc.
- The information may be changed without notice. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the content, or offer any warranty.
- You may use our information in this report or from our website at your own discretion, but must cite us as the source.
- Data Debrief summarizes total activity for the prior 24-hour period and provides a comparison with we consider typical rates during a non-election or major event period.
- Daily Trends provides noted comparisons across days or weeks, or notes unique profiles of activity in conjunction with other factors that are worth watching and may serve as cybersecurity or information warfare indicators.
- New Incidents are actual attacks, exploits or compromises we have directly found and identified during this 24-period and will be detailed as a linked blog post.
As applicable, Bitdefender Labs will also notify the impacted parties. Based on legal and privacy implications, or sometimes upon the impacted party’s request, we may not report on this site at the time of detection/breach, or possibly ever. Therefore, this list is not comprehensive of the daily incidents detected and reported by Bitdefender Labs.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Bitdefender Labs authored by Bitdefender Team. Read the original post at: https://labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/report-monday-29-october-2018/