Last week, we looked at dubious antics in mobile land, a peculiar case of spam on the official Cardi B website, and we deep dived into fileless malware. We also explored the inner workings of Hidden Bee, and gave an explainer of Regex.
Other cybersecurity news:
- Huge data breach affects Chinese hotel chain (Source: Xinhuanet)
- Cryptojacking doesn’t bring in the big bucks [PDF] (Source: Arxiv)
- “Fappening” hacker sentenced to prison (Source: Justice.gov)
- Cobalt phishing campaign continues to spread (Source: The Register)
- Sensitive data exposure via wifi (Source: Nightwatch Cybersecurity)
- Poor patching practices on visa analysis system (Source: Nextgov)
- CC email blunder angers football fans (Source: The Register)
- Unusual login behaviour detected on Air Canada’s mobile app (Source: Air Canada)
- The anatomy of fake news (Source: Help Net Security)
- EU Telecoms security report (Source: Enisa)
Stay safe, everyone!
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Malwarebytes Labs authored by Malwarebytes Labs. Read the original post at: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/09/week-security-august-27-september-2/