If I knew more about your current security needs, I’d probably be able to tell you what security product to buy. But that would require me to spend time understanding your needs and this podcast is only 30 minutes long. Instead, we decided to uncover the universal truths of what security product you shouldn’t buy.
In this episode of the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship podcast, we uncover failed CISO product purchases plus:
- Do temporary dips in hacker attacks change your security posture?
- What CISOs LOVE to see in their inbox. For this week, we’re talking about their favorite reports.
- What metrics are CISOs following? And what are the metrics CISOs use to determine those metrics? Oh, and are there any metrics CISOs should ignore?
- Our CISOs digest a vendor pitch.
- And for “Ask a CISO,” we question the value of case studies in print or video form.
- And as always, we launch the show with a 10-second security tip!
As always, the show is hosted by me, David Spark (@dspark), founder, Spark Media Solutions and Mike Johnson, CISO, Lyft. Our guest this week is Randall (Fritz) Frietzsche (@frietzche), CISO, Denver Health, Denver ISSA distinguished fellow, and teaches at Harvard University.
We Want Your Input and Critiques
For every episode we want input from listeners!
- “Ask a CISO” question.
- A vendor pitch you want us to critique.
- A hot security discussion (please provide a link).
- A quick security tip.
- A big industry story and what it means to security professionals.
In all cases, we can or can’t mention you and your company name or keep you anonymous. Just let me know what you want.
Listen and Subscribe to the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast
So many ways to connect and listen to the podcast.
Sponsor the Podcast
If your company would like to sponsor this podcast, please contact Jeremy Jones at Security Boulevard.
Creative Commons photo credit to Thomas Hawk.