Security should be at the top of the mind for any organization. It has been estimated that damages from cyber crime would cost around $6 trillion annually by 2021.
With growing threats to information systems and data, it is extremely important for organizations to remain aware of the top cyber security risks and adopt strategies to effectively tackle them. This article will share the top four cyber security risks and ways to prevent them.
1. Cryptojacking Attacks
Cryptojacking is one of the most acute threats today. It involves attackers secretly installing software called cryptocurrency miners onto computers and network assets. These programs then generate cryptocurrency while consuming precious CPU, thereby diminishing the affected asset’s productivity.
Cryptojacking attacks rose by around 8,500 in 2017 and is expected to grow even further in 2018. It’s therefore very important to defend against cryptojacking. In order to defend your devices and files from cryptojacking, you need to implement the following measures:
- Look for the signs of cryptomining like an increase in employee complaints regarding slow computer performance. This is a red flag that tells you further investigation is needed
- Use browser extensions like No Coin to block coin miners from using your computers without your consent.
- Make use of a network monitoring solution that leverages the power of AI to detect cyptojacking by analyzing network data.
- Regularly monitor the web server for any changes in file.
2. Incomplete Patch Management
Undertaking manual patch management is a pain; this is where automated patch management solutions can prove to be extremely beneficial. Here are the top features offered by the automated patch management platforms:
- It automatically keeps desktops, laptops and remote users up-to-date with security patches and software updates.
- Windows, Linux, Adobe, Java, Chrome and other vendors are supported.
- The streamlining ability ensures bandwidth efficiency when (Read more...)
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from The State of Security authored by Tripwire Guest Authors. Read the original post at: https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/risk-based-security-for-executives/risk-management/four-cyber-security-risks-and-how-to-address-them/