- Josh Grunzweig for Palo Alto/Unit 42: Monero Miners Continue to Plague Users via Russian BitTorrent Site – “The latest identified threat comes in the form of a Russian BitTorrent site that is covertly distributing malware, primarily mining the Monero cryptocurrency, to its users.”
- (IN)Secure Magazine issue 57 includes an article by Zoran Lalic on ‘A deep dive into blockchain and Bitcoin’ as well as news on crypto-mining and other security issues.
- BitDefender: GandCrab Ransomware decryption tool
- Malwarebytes: Encryption 101: ShiOne ransomware case study. Practical part of a series that started with Encryption 101: a malware analyst’s primer. Best to read the primer first. (Also added to Ransomware Resources and Ransomware Recovery and Prevention.
- Spectre haunts Intel’s SGX defense: CPU flaws can be exploited to snoop on enclaves – “And no, you’re not supposed to be able to do that” Relates to Cornell University paper SgxPectre Attacks: Leaking Enclave Secrets via Speculative Execution
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from The AVIEN Blog authored by DHarley. Read the original post at: https://avien.net/blog/march-1st-2018-resources-update/