Do you know that WordPress powers more than 41% of the web? Also, are you aware that 75% of people never go past the first page on Google?
What do these two statistics tell you?
Well, they show that by just having a WordPress (WP) website, you cannot be sure that people will click on it and consume content. You need to be aware of the parameters that search engines use to rank websites.
But the challenge is that search engines don’t reveal how their algorithm works.
Fortunately, website optimization tools and techniques help rank your website at the top of the page and allow you to drive more website traffic and consequently increase conversions.
SEO tools provide a detailed report on how your website performs on search engines like Google and the steps you can take to increase its rank.
Here are the top 5 SEO tools you can use to audit your WordPress website and improve its rank on Google and other search engines.
1. Google Search Console
The best way to understand how Google, the largest search engine globally, sees your website is to go straight to the source. Google Search Console, formerly known as Webmaster Tools, allows you to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot your website. It is undoubtedly the best way to optimize your website as it helps to identify security problems, duplicate metadata, and the number of pages indexed.
Some of its features are as follows:
- You can submit the sitemaps of your WordPress website for crawling.
- You can speed up your WordPress SEO optimization by resolving website indexing issues.
- You can accelerate WordPress search engine optimization by checking the page speed through Google’s PageSpeed insights.
- You can also monitor how the website is performing on mobile phones.
- You can improve WordPress SEO optimization by identifying broken links, URLs with poor SEO performance, and the keywords and queries your website ranks on.
The best part is that it provides a user-friendly interface and is free to use.
SEMRush is another highly recognized WordPress SEO optimization tool that helps identify your search engine rank and provides insights about improving it. You will also get a comprehensive understanding of your competitor’s paid and organic searches, display advertising, and link-building strategies.
Some of the benefits of SEMRush are listed below:
- Learn how your Cost Per Click (CPC) campaigns are performing.
- You can accelerate your WordPress SEO optimization by conducting SEO audits periodically to know the strength of your website.
- SEMRush’s Domain vs. Domain feature lets you draw deep insights by comparing your website with your competitors’.
- SEMRush is an SEO-friendly WP optimization tool as it allows searching and comparing keywords and domains that you wish to rank.
- The On-Page SEO checker tool helps you monitor your website’s ranking and gives suggestions on improving it.
3. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the best WP SEO plugins that can help you get fantastic search results for your website. You will get everything in one package, from keyword optimization and internal linking suggestions to content insights and improving the readability of your posts and pages.
Let’s dig deep to understand the benefits of this excellent SEO tool:
- It lets you optimize content for synonyms, keywords, related keywords, and key phrases.
- It accelerates your WordPress SEO optimization by suggesting relevant internal links by analyzing your text.
- You can preview your website by looking at it through a Google user’s eyes. You can see how a page will appear on the mobile phone and across social media platforms.
- You can take complete control of breadcrumbs. Yoast SEO will help you set a primary category for your post and determine the taxonomy for each page on your WordPress website.
- The Yoast SEO for WooCommerce will allow you to upgrade your social media cards, optimize your XML sitemap, configure metadata for your products such as brand, color, manufacturer, GSTIN, and much more.
MOZ is gradually emerging as one of the most popular WordPress search engine optimization tools for rank tracking, site auditing, keyword research, and backlink analysis. The best part is that MOZ offers free training on how to operate SEO tools of all levels.
Here are a few features of this SEO-friendly WP optimization tool:
- Accelerate your WordPress optimization by viewing website performance metrics using Mozbar, which is a user-friendly toolbar.
- Post your queries on the active chat portal and get answers quickly and conveniently.
- Improve your WordPress search engine optimization using the site audit feature that identifies errors in your website.
- You can enhance the SEO of each page on your website by using the page optimization feature.
5. Screaming Frog
Experts suggest using the Screaming Frog SEO tool for website auditing as it quickly identifies missing tags, broken links, and duplicate content.
Here are other features of this SEO-friendly WP optimization tool:
- Generate XML sitemaps for your WordPress website.
- Identify which pages are returning a 404 error and take corrective action quickly.
- Use Screaming Frog’s SEO spider tool to gather insights about your website and competitors’.
- Improve your WordPress search engine optimization by detecting permanent and temporary redirect chains on your website.
SEO tools help rank your website on the first page of Google and other search engines. They monitor and audit your website’s content and optimize it. You also receive a detailed report of what is working and what needs a change to improve the website’s rank further. SEO tools also analyze your competitors’ websites and derive valuable insights.
It would be best if you begin by using free SEO tools available on the internet. If you notice any visible improvements on your website, you can purchase the paid version to get maximum benefits.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Fuel Blog | LoginRadius authored by Tanvi Soni. Read the original post at: https://www.loginradius.com/blog/fuel/Top-5-SEO-Tools-for-Auditing-WordPress-Website/