We are pleased to announce DivvyCloud by Rapid7 release 20.6. Like all major releases, this allows us an opportunity to implement the feedback that we hear from our valued customers. In addition to the standard bug fixes and behind-the-scenes magic included with all releases, we’ve added support for Microsoft Azure Resource Locking, two enhancements to our add-on Cloud IAM Governance module, and enhanced some filters.
Microsoft Azure Resource Locking
Azure resource locking enables you to prevent other users in your organization from accidentally deleting or modifying critical resources by locking access. In DivvyCloud by Rapid7 , this capability applies to most supported top-level Azure resources. As of release 20.6, permission is required to support the added visibility and lifecycle action to lock/unlock Azure resources and identify resources that have a lock using the new Resource Has Azure Lock filter. You can find additional information on our support of Azure Resource Locking here.
Cloud IAM Governance Module Enhancements
In 20.6, we have added two enhancements to the newly released Cloud IAM Governance module:
- the ability to filter IAM Access Explorer principals by a role to see which federated users can assume a specified role
- persistence to selected tab in browser URL for bookmarking, link-sharing, and persistence while navigating Access Explorer
Here are some filters that we improved in this release:
- Instance Running Image Shared From Another Account. We added an option to this filter to only include images where the owner is unknown to the DivvyCloud by Rapid7 installation.
- Network IP Address In Use. This allows users to supply a list of IP addresses and determine where they are in use across instances, network interfaces, elastic IPs, and NAT gateway resources.
- Resource In Subnet. We expanded this filter to take all subnet dependencies of a web application into consideration.
For a complete list of the bug fixes and enhancements for this release, please refer to the official 20.6 Release Notes.
DivvyCloud by Rapid7 protects your cloud and container environments from misconfigurations, policy violations, threats, and IAM challenges. With automated, real-time remediation, DivvyCloud by Rapid7 customers achieve continuous security and compliance, and can fully realize the benefits of cloud and container technology
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from DivvyCloud authored by Jamie Gale. Read the original post at: https://divvycloud.com/feature-release-20-6/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=feature-release-20-6