In a recent article, Fintech News compiled a number of sobering 2020 cyber-attack statistics from various sources and media outlets. Shared below is a small sample:
- 80% of financial industry firms have seen an increase in cyberattacks
- Cloud-based attacks rose 630% between January and April 2020
- Ransomware attacks rose 148% in March 2020
- Attacks targeting home workers rose five-fold in the first six weeks of lockdown
- Average ransomware payments rose 33% to $111,605, compared to Q4 2019
Not only do security teams need to stay ahead of this onslaught of new threats, but they must also find faster and more efficient ways to prioritize vulnerabilities. Unfortunately, the volume of vulnerable assets, well-hidden attack activity, and limited resources present IT security teams with the ongoing challenge of where to focus their remediation efforts for maximum impact.
Additionally, Security Operations Centers (SOCs) within larger organizations and managed service providers (MSPs) must interpret a massive amount of threat intelligence sources and feeds in an attempt to assemble disparate indicators of compromise (IoC) to fend off successful attack campaigns. Even the most advanced threat hunting tools often fail to piece the right indicators together when malicious attackers take advantage of “dwell time” to hide dormant malware for extended periods.
Five Ways Frontline & Threat Intelligence Expose Your Adversaries
To address this never-ending parade of threats, security teams need a next-generation approach to vulnerability management that provides immediate insight into adversary activity.
Frontline Threat Landscape™ is a proprietary feature in Frontline.Cloud that uses advanced machine-learning techniques to identify newly weaponized vulnerabilities and top active threats from more than thirty crowd-sourced and third-party threat intelligence sources.
Related Resource: Threat Intelligence Fostering Modern Vulnerability Management Platforms
Below are five ways that Frontline’s threat intelligence capabilities provide immediate insight into adversary activity:
- Delivers intelligence on the latest attacks based on weaponized vulnerabilities in your infrastructure, and provides insight into active threats impacting other organizations
- Correlates attack profiles to your environment to identify existing malware infections and determine which of your assets are at risk and potentially ripe for attack
- Seeks out well-hidden or nascent active attacks using dwell time to hide in your network, so your team does not have to search for the right piece of the puzzle to reveal itself through an indicator of compromise
- Prioritizes remediation based on your organization’s appetite for risk, assets, applications, and priorities
- Provides a new level of clarity on both vulnerability and threat risk from a single dashboard
Related Resource: Digital Defense Introduces Frontline Threat Landscape
Digital Defense continues to expand Frontline’s SaaS-based vulnerability and threat assessment capabilities to deliver an unprecedented understanding of newly created and actively used attacks. Security teams can now move away from poorly prioritized assets and toward meaningful risk context that truly matches business asset criticality with external risk and hidden adversary activity.
Where Do You Stack Up?
Try Frontline today, and see how its threat intelligence features expose your adversaries.
About Digital Defense
- Asset discovery and tracking
- OS and web application risk assessment
- Targeted malware threat assessment
- Machine learning features that leverage threat intelligence
- Agentless & agent-based scanning
- Penetration testing for networks, mobile applications, and web applications
- Compliance management. One of the world’s longest tenured PCI-Approved Scanning Vendors
The Frontline.Cloud platform virtually eliminates false-positives associated with legacy vulnerability management solutions, while also automating the tracking of dynamic and transient assets and prioritizing results based on business criticality. Learn more.
The post Breach Prevention Starts with Knowing Your Immediate Adversary appeared first on Digital Defense, Inc..
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Digital Defense, Inc. authored by Sanjay Raja, VP of Strategy and Technical Marketing. Read the original post at: https://www.digitaldefense.com/blog/breach-prevention-starts-with-knowing-your-immediate-adversary/