It’s with great pleasure that we announce nine new additions to the RSA Conference Advisory Board today! I am overjoyed to welcome these seasoned and savvy cybersecurity industry folks into the fold as valued members of our Board while we head towards another exciting chapter in RSA Conference’s storied history.
This is an exciting part of our new diversity and inclusion (D&I) rollout, which was also announced today. Read more about it here. The Advisory Board takes a defining role under the governance pillar as a part of our D&I initiatives.
For those of you unfamiliar with the RSAC Advisory Board, it’s a group designed to assist in driving an impartial, yet informed dialogue on the rapidly evolving information security industry. The AdBoard extends the influence of Conference by providing insight into trends and breaking news in the information security industry on behalf of RSAC, as well as offering guidance into overall program development.
Members of the AdBoard contribute regularly to RSA Conference webcasts, podcasts and blogs while providing consistent commentary on current industry topics in addition to guidance on RSAC programming and speaker recommendations.
The additions to the RSA Conference Advisory Board are:
- Joyce Brocaglia – CEO, Alta Associates & Founder of the Executive Women’s Forum on Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy (EWF)
- Dawn Cappelli – VP of Global Security & CISO, Rockwell Automation
- Narelle Devine – CISO, Australian Government Department of Human Services
- J. Trevor Hughes – President & CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Kim Jones – Professor of Practice, Arizona State University
- Laura Koetzle – VP, Group Director, Forrester
- John Scimone – Senior Vice President & CSO, Dell
- Dr. Dena Haritos Tsamitis – Barbara Lazarus Professor in Information Networking and Director, College of Engineering Information Networking Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Caroline Wong – Chief Security Strategist, Cobalt.io
The new members join the current Board consisting of:
- Dmitri Alperovitch – Co-Founder and CTO, Crowdstrike, Inc.
- Wade Baker – Co-Founder, Cyentia Institute and Professor, Virginia Tech
- Todd Inskeep – Principal, Commercial Consulting, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Wendy Nather – Head, Advisory CISOs, Duo Security (now Cisco)
- Ed Skoudis – Founder, Counter Hack
- Hugh Thompson – Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Sandra Toms – Vice President & Curator, RSA Conference
In the coming weeks and months, you will get to learn more about each of the nine new members as we roll out a “Getting To Know You” series on what these industry veterans are all about and what they bring to the table, providing valuable counsel across many facets of RSA Conference year round.
For more information on the announcement, check out today’s press release and if you’d like to learn more about the new members of the AdBoard, visit: https://www.rsaconference.com/about/advisory-board.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from RSA Conference Blog authored by Sandra Toms. Read the original post at: http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs/new-additions-to-the-rsac-advisory-board