Car insurance specialist upgrades PCI DSS compliance with Semafone’s Cardprotect technology
London, UK; 4 September 2018 – UK insurance provider Admiral has joined the growing number of insurance companies using Cardprotect from Semafone ® to safeguard the card data of customers paying for insurance over the phone.
Semafone’s award-winning payment card security solution, Cardprotect, is an integral part of Admiral’s Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance programme. The move will provide an excellent framework for protecting customers and their personal information.
Semafone’s patented payment method allows customers to enter their card numbers directly into their telephone keypad. These numbers are transmitted directly to the payment processor, so no sensitive card data enters the contact centre infrastructure. Agents cannot see or hear the numbers, so they can continue to speak to the customers and offer support throughout the payment process.
Matt Wintle, Chief Information Officer at Admiral commented: “We always offer our customers the best possible experience while adhering to high levels of data security. Implementing Semafone’s Cardprotect will free up our customer service agents to focus on providing great service, removing the need for them to handle any sensitive card data.”
Tim Critchley, CEO at Semafone added: “In an increasingly heavily regulated business environment, it is essential for organisations to ensure they are delivering the most water-tight payment options for their customers. We are delighted to be helping Admiral achieve PCI DSS compliance.”
About Admiral Group:
- Admiral Group plc, through its subsidiary company EUI Limited, is a UK based company, specialising in motor, home and travel insurance. Other members of the Group include, price comparison website Confused.com and Admiral Financial Services Limited offering personal loans and car finance.
- Admiral Group plc employs over 10,000 staff worldwide (6,890 in south Wales) and has more than 5.7 million customers worldwide (4.6 million in the UK).
- Admiral Group is Wales’ only FTSE 100 Company. Group turnover in 2017 was £2.96 billion (2016: £2.58 billion).
- Admiral Group’s website address is https://admiralgroup.co.uk/.
- Follow Admiral Group on Twitter at https://twitter.com/admiralgroup.
- Admiral Group’s latest ranking in the Sunday Times Best Companies Best Companies to Work For in the UK was 3rd in 2018.
- Admiral Group’s latest ranking in the Great Place to Work Best Workplaces in the UK was 7th in 2018. Admiral was also named the 6th Best Multinational Workplace in Europe and the 23rd Best Workplace in the World by Great Place to Work in 2017. For a full list of Admiral Awards worldwide, visit https://admiralgroup.co.uk/our-culture/our-awards.
- Admiral Group, through its subsidiary companies, consists of 17 brands worldwide. Admiral, elephant.co.uk, Diamond, Bell, Gladiator, Veygo by Admiral and Confused.com, all based in the UK. Balumba, Qualitas Auto, WiYou Seguros and Rastreator.com based in Spain. ConTe.it based in Italy, LeLynx.fr and L’Olivier.fr based in France. Elephant.com and Compare.com based in the USA and Rastreator.mx in Mexico.
Semafone provides contact centres with solutions for data security and compliance and works with enterprises around the world to remove sensitive data from IT and business networks, protecting reputations and helping organisations to comply with industry regulations such as PCI DSS and EU GDPR. The company’s patented and award-winning Cardprotect solution allows people to pay securely over the phone.
Semafone was founded in 2009 and now supports customers in over 25 countries on five continents. Semafone’s extensive customer base includes companies such as AO, AXA, The British Heart Foundation, Rogers Communications, RNIB, Santander, Sky, TalkTalk and parts of the Virgin Group.
Major investors of Semafone include Octopus Ventures and BGF (Business Growth Fund).
Semafone has achieved the four-leading security and payment accreditations: ISO 27001:2013, PA-DSS certification for Cardprotect its payment solution, is a PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider and a registered Visa Level 1 Merchant Agent.
For more information about Semafone, please visit: www.semafone.com
For further information, please contact:
Fourth Day PR
Eryl Bradley | +44 (0) 20 7403 4411
The post Admiral Picks Semafone for Customer Security in its Contact Centres appeared first on Semafone.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Semafone authored by Victoria Goodwin. Read the original post at: https://semafone.com/press-releases/admiral-picks-semafone-for-customer-security-in-its-contact-centres/