Two Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra level of security when logging into Acunetix. When 2FA is enabled, anyone accessing the Acunetix will need to make use of a 2FA Authentication app to login to Acunetix.This article explains how to enable 2FA for your Acunetix account.
- Login to Acunetix and change to your Profile page
- Enable the option “Two Factor Authentication”, and you will be presented with the 2FA configuration page
- Insert your current password.
- Use your 2FA Authentication app to scan the barcode.
- Your 2FA Authentication app will start providing codes for your Acunetix 2FA account. You will need to insert 2 consecutive codes generated by the app.
- Click Enable once finished.
- The Acunetix Administrator account can enforce 2FA for each Acunetix Account. This can be done from Settings > Users > Properties of the user account > Security Settings > Two factor authentication enabled. When this option is enabled, the user is requested to configure 2FA for his account.
- Acunetix users can enable 2FA on their accounts even if this is not enforced. In such cases, the procedure described above applies.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Web Security Blog – Acunetix authored by Nicholas Sciberras. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acunetixwebapplicationsecurityblog/~3/mNGE1lHyt7E/