Last week, we published a review of exploit kits, talked about everyday tech that can give you a headache, and showed how to protect RDP access from ransomware. We also published a study on the true cost of cybercrime.
- Discovered at Black Hat: WhatsApp “message manipulation” (Source: The Register)
- Discovered at Black Hat: AI attacks (Source: The Register)
- Once again, discovered at Black Hat: Meltdown panel (Source: The Register)
- Indeed, discovered at Black Hat: Mobile payment bugs (Source: The Register)
- PGA ransomware attack right before Ryder Cup (Source: Golf Week)
- Adding bugs to deter attackers [PDF] (Source: Arxiv)
- Botnets and irrigation systems (Source: Help Net Security)
- Hunting Twitter bots at scale (Source: Duo Security)
- Google to warn of government-backed attacks (Source: G Suite)
Stay safe, everyone!
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Malwarebytes Labs authored by Malwarebytes Labs. Read the original post at: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/08/week-security-august-6-12/