Last week on Labs, we took a look at hidden mobile ads, the perils of social media spam, and how to shore up your landline defenses. We also took a deep dive into Emotet malware analysis, and gave you some summertime safety tips.
- Update your Adobe Flash player if you haven’t already. (source: Adobe)
- Be careful with your World Cup Wi-Fi. (Source: Securelist)
- Wannacry ransomware slayer faces new problems. (Source: The Register)
- Retiree’s personal info swiped. (Source: CA.gov)
- Weak credentials leads to IoT botnet takeover. (Source: Newsky Security)
- Ex TalkTalk CEO talks about the mega breach. (Source: The Register)
- Private posts accidentally go public. (Source: Facebook)
- What would you do if your data was abused? (Source: Help Net Security)
- Subdomain flaws and phishing attacks. (Source: Imperva)
- Russian APT attacks strike out at government targets. (Source: SCMagazine)
Stay safe, everyone!
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Malwarebytes Labs authored by Malwarebytes Labs. Read the original post at: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/06/a-week-in-security-june-4-june-10/