The upgrade of a multi-engine installation may seem like a daunting task, but it is quite easy to do. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Backup the contents of the directory found at <C:ProgramDataAcunetix 11>
- From the Acunetix v11 UI > Settings > Select each Engine and Click on the Delete button
- Upgrade the Main Installation to v12 by installing v12 on the same machine where v11 was installed. V11 will be upgraded, and all your settings will be retained.
- Upgrade the Acunetix Engines to v12 by installing v12 over the v11 engine. The v11 engine will be detected, and v12 will automatically install the Acunetix Engine only.
- After upgrading both the Main Installation and the Engine installations, you will need to configure the engines in the Main installation following the procedure in the “Register Scanning Engine” section.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Web Security Blog – Acunetix authored by Nicholas Sciberras. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/acunetixwebapplicationsecurityblog/~3/2NJogS4K1jU/