(1) Commenting on Symantec’s warning of a new Fakebank Android variant, Graham Cluley reports: This Android malware redirects calls you make to your bank to go to scammers instead – “MALWARE HELPS SCAMMERS TRICK YOU INTO THINKING YOU’RE SPEAKING TO YOUR BANK.”
The Fakebank malware is only targeting South Korea, right now, but Graham rightly suggests that the same gambit is likely to be re-used elsewhere.
(2) Apple has dealt a major blow to users of supercookies with a security improvement in Safari.
- Brent Fulgham for Webkit: Protecting Against HSTS Abuse
- Hacker News: Apple Blocks Sites From Abusing HSTS Security Standard to Track Users
- Sophos: Apple burns the HSTS super cookie
This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog post authored by David Harley. Read the original post at: Mac Virus