Updates for the CRYPTOCURRENCY/CRYPTO-MINING NEWS AND RESOURCES page.
- John Leyden for The Register: Opt-in cryptomining script Coinhive ‘barely used’ say researchers. Malwarebytes says that few sites are using the opt-in version of Coinhive (as does Troy Mursch), but Coinhive reckons that “a third of cryptomining-using websites get their users’ consent.”
- Pierluigi Paganini: Evrial: The Latest Malware That Steals Bitcoins Using the Clipboard
- Sophos: Unsecured AWS led to cryptojacking attack on LA Times
- HelpNet: Cryptojacking is the new malware
- Bleeping Computer: Hacker Returns $26 Million Worth of Ethereum Back to Hacked Company “A hacker has returned over $26,2 million worth of Ethereum to CoinDash, the company it obtained the funds from in July 2017.”
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from The AVIEN Blog authored by DHarley. Read the original post at: https://avien.net/blog/february-27th-2018-resources-updates/