Learn why an open source security review is key in M&A due diligence, and about the impact of cloud environments on application security considerations.
Why Lawyers Should Care About Open Source Security in M&A Due Diligence
As part of the M&A due diligence process, lawyers seek to understand the license compliance risks that come with the use of open source. But what about open source security vulnerabilities that could be lurking in the code being acquired? Minimizing risk and exposure is the name of the game.
Join this live webinar to learn why an open source security review should be part of every due diligence transaction. We’ll cover:
- How the audit landscape has shifted to include security
- The types of security vulnerabilities that can keep you up at night
- How a security audit can minimize risk
Don’t miss this informative webinar. Register today.
When: Wednesday, March 18 @ 12 p.m. Eastern / 9 a.m. Pacific
Who: Matt Jacobs, Synopsys; Jacob Ewers, Synopsys
Landscape of Application Security for Cloud-Based Apps
Large enterprises moving to the cloud do so in a phased manner. Consequently, at least for a while, they have a mix of on-premises and cloud environments (and very often, multiple cloud environments). These environments, combined with the many ways you can move an application to the cloud, create new considerations for application security:
- Rehost (lift and shift): threat landscape increased because of network exposure
- Replatform (lift and reshape): new attack vectors via buckets, databases, message queues
- Repurchase (drop and shop): third-party data exposure, noisy neighbor attacks, data retention
- Rearchitect (rewriting and decoupling apps): serverless, container based, container orchestration
When: Thursday, March 19 @ 1 p.m. GMT / 9 a.m. Eastern
Who: Ashwath Krishna Reddy, Managing Consultant & Sandesh Mysore Anand, Managing Consultant at Synopsys
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Software Integrity Blog authored by Synopsys Editorial Team. Read the original post at: https://www.synopsys.com/blogs/software-security/webinars-march-16-20/