Are you ready to join an award-wining cybersecurity startup?
We’re looking for technical leaders to join our engineering team. Good candidates are passionate about proposing and creating the best possible solutions that follow best practices, well-known design patterns, and principles.
This person ought to be proactive, self-motivated, excited to share opinions on best practices and be able to inspire, lead and help other teammates to achieve company goals.
A person with the ability to promote product excellence and collaboration, driving a portfolio of concurrent Engineering projects, from short-term critical feature launches to long-term research initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years+ of professional experience in engineering.
- Guide engineering team members to design and create backend components for our product.
- Propose technical solutions for new components and features.
- Research and be able to recommend new technologies and solutions.
- Collaborate with free software projects and participate as a speaker in key conferences, becoming a reference both inside and outside the company.
- Provide domain expertise and engineering insight to guide early designs, accelerate project decision making, and maintain close oversight of technical execution, proactively adjusting course where necessary.
- Continually retrospect and drive innovation within the back-end development process to ensure our software engineers execute at the highest possible level
- Responsible for execution and improvement of processes to include sprint pre-planning/planning, retros, demos, architecture and code reviews
- Work closely with the rest of the tech leads, data scientists, senior engineering leadership and product managers to ensure we’re building awesome, feature-rich, scalable and secure product lines, products and features
- Improve the scalability, reliability and maintainability of backend services
- Provide the mentoring and guidance to BE engineers. Create an environment for BE engineers to continually reach new heights within their career
- 5+ years experience developing in node.js, 1+ with Golang.
- 4+ years leading development teams
- 5+ years of experience with Microservices, APIs, distributed systems and other software architecture.
- 2+ years of experience with kubernetes or nomad
- 2+ years of experience with a message broker (Kafka, RabbitMQ, or alike) is a plus
- Object-Oriented Programming, solid principles and Design Patterns knowledge
- Development best practices knowledge
- Experience working with No-SQL DBs such as MongoDB, and other features like caches, queues, concurrency, etc.
- Experience developing scalable, production solutions using cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- CNCF tooling working experience is a plus
- Great interpersonal, communication skills and leadership skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with high availability designs and parallel/horizontal scale-out database architectures.
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eclypsium is an equal opportunity employer.
Eclypsium delivers a cloud-based enterprise device security platform for modern distributed organizations. From corporate laptops and desktops, to servers in data centers, to network infrastructure devices, Eclypsium protects the devices that organizations rely on, all the way down to firmware. Eclypsium provides comprehensive device and firmware inventory, automatically identifies and patches firmware risks, scans devices for supply chain breaches, and continuously monitors devices for persistent and stealthy firmware attacks. Eclypsium’s cloud-based solution is deployed in minutes. Protecting Fortune 100 enterprises and federal agencies, Eclypsium was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in Security Operations and Threat Intelligence, a TAG Cyber Distinguished Vendor, one of the World’s 10 Most Innovative Security Companies by Fast Company, a CNBC Upstart 100, a CB Insights Cyber Defender, and an RSAC Innovation Sandbox finalist. For more information, visit eclypsium.com.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Eclypsium authored by Eclypsium. Read the original post at: https://eclypsium.com/2020/10/28/backend-development-technical-lead/