Welcome to JumpCloud’s July Newsletter.
Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Event Aggregation & Customization with Directory Insights™
- Remote macOS® Security with Apple® MDM
- Advanced Feature: Windows® Custom Registry Keys Policy
- Learn Your Way at JumpCloud University!
- Other Things You Should Know
Find a more technical breakdown of our recent releases in our July release notes. You can also engage with us and the JumpCloud community by joining an upcoming Office Hours event and by joining our public Slack workspace, the JumpCloud Lounge (pro tip: when you’re in, type !channels in a direct message to yourself to see all available channels and topics of discussion to join).
Event Aggregation & Customization with Directory Insights
Directory Insights is JumpCloud’s event logging solution that provides aggregated event logs across your directory service, including identity and access changes, SAML applications, LDAP resources, RADIUS networks, MDM commands, and macOS/Windows/Linux® authentications.
Gain a customizable and comprehensive view of user access and activity patterns in a single screen, with these recent feature updates:
- Event Details Summary: Click the drop-down arrow for an event to expand at-a-glance details, including user and location data. This tab also provides the event’s data in JSON.
- Customize Activity Log Columns: Customize your Activity Log view by selecting the columns you want to see to monitor and act on events. Choose from 60 column attributes, including success or failed states, MFA states, application names, changed fields, and GeoIP regions.
- More Ways to Filter: Choose from over 50 filters in the Activity Log including username, authentication method, or MFA status to surface specific logs when you’re investigating events.
- [Coming Soon] AWS® S3 Serverless App: Archive your event logs for long-term storage and compliance needs with an easy-to-use Amazon S3 bucket. Use the AWS native functionality to move event data from the Directory Insights API to your AWS cloud storage, and funnel your data into a SIEM for further monitoring or analytics.
You can try the feature today: Set up a JumpCloud Free account with up to 10 users and 10 systems, and try Directory Insights risk free.