With the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses worldwide have been forced to practice social distancing and make an abrupt shift to remote work for most of their workforce. MSPs are not only making this transition for their own company, but also for their clients. While most MSPs are finding this very challenging given the current environment, there are several IT management software solutions that can help streamline IT operations and ensure business continuity in the face of this new reality.
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM), Professional Services Automation (PSA) and IT documentation are three of the most useful tools that can help you smoothly transition your clients to a remote workforce and ensure that the operational challenges associated with social distancing do not adversely impact your business.
However, having several disparate point solutions is not an efficient strategy for handling IT management for remote workforces. You need an integrated solution that not only allows you to manage your RMM, PSA and IT documentation tools from a single pane of glass, but also boosts IT efficiency.
The right RMM solution can do so much more than just enabling you to remotely monitor and manage your client devices and networks. With most of your employees switching to remote work, the RMM tool can help minimize IT operational issues by:
- Automating patch management and vulnerability management to remediate software vulnerability issues and maintain security for off-network devices
- Managing and troubleshooting endpoints remotely without disrupting users with remote access
- Providing real-time visibility into all remote endpoints
Deploying a robust PSA solution can help you run your MSP business more efficiently while also reducing costs. A PSA solution can help streamline your business operations while your workforce operates remotely in several ways, such as:
- Streamlining the management of IT projects and providing real-time project status reports
- Enabling you to create, manage and resolve all your service requests and tickets remotely
- Allowing your technicians to work efficiently and seamlessly across tools, and helping them access the right information where and when they need it
- Elevating your relationships with customers and prospects by allowing you to manage all current accounts, new revenue possibilities and all communications in a single, easy-to-use system
- Providing you with real-time information on the progress and status of tickets for greater ticket resolution efficiency
- Generating custom reports and offering insights to help you make the right business decisions quickly and confidently
An IT Documentation solution is a critical tool for ensuring smooth business operations for remote workforces. It helps in efficiently managing your client endpoints by:
- Providing you with fast and easy access to all the information you need, when and where you need it
- Centralizing and standardizing documentation for IT processes, devices, applications, passwords and other IT assets
- Allowing technicians to update information in real time to maintain accuracy
Watch our webinar to learn more about how an integrated solution can help you efficiently manage your client endpoints while working remotely.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Spanning authored by Spanning Cloud Apps. Read the original post at: https://spanning.com/blog/successful-social-distancing-for-businesses/