Do you want to know what OS version your fleet of systems is running? This information can prove valuable for IT administrators, MSPs, and anyone who manages large numbers of computers or servers. OS updates don’t just include new features, but also vital patches for security vulnerabilities. Additionally, certain software is only compatible with certain OS versions.
The challenge resides in how to collect data on your different operating systems through one centralized platform. Now, more IT organizations than ever are mixed-OS, comprised of Mac®, Linux®, and Windows® machines.
While every IT organization will have different setups, today we’re going to look into how you can list all OS versions for your fleet of systems using JumpCloud®Directory-as-a-Service®.
Pull OS Version Using Systems Insights
Admins can pull up OS versions and hardware specs using JumpCloud System Insights™.
This premium feature can also aid in compliance and auditing reporting. Besides showing that OS versions and patches are up-to-date, System Insights provides information on:
- Memory, storage, CPU, model and make
- Encryption status of systems and file disks, including BitLocker and FileVault settings
- Unauthorized apps and browser extensions
- Confirmation that specific users and groups have the appropriate level of access to resources
- Examination of all apps installed across a fleet for anomalies
- Identification of when applications were last used to clean up software installs
- Determination of which network interfaces a system is currently connected to
To learn more about how Systems Insights can help your organization increase security, check out our Systems Insights page or contact us for a free demo. You can also sign up to give it a test run yourself. Small- to medium-sized businesses in particular can benefit, as the first 10 users are free forever.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Blog – JumpCloud authored by Stephanie DeCamp. Read the original post at: https://jumpcloud.com/blog/list-os-versions-for-fleet/