We hope you’ve all enjoyed your summer holidays,
chilling out on the beach, seeing new places and recharging your batteries.
Because this autumn we’ve prepared the first edition of PwnThyBytes CTF, a top-notch global computer security competition,
which we hope will be a fun and challenging experience for everybody. The
contest starts on September 28th and we’re hyped to give you a sneak peek at
what to expect.
Information security competitions, such as capture the flag (CTF) contests, have
surged in popularity during the past decade. Think of them almost like e-sports
for ethical hacking. In line with our mission to safeguard users’ data, we at
Bitdefender host this event to bring together some of the most skilled teams
around the world in areas such as Reverse Engineering, Binary Exploitation, Web
Application Auditing, Computer Forensics Investigation, and Cryptography.
We extend a warm invitation to everyone connected to
or interested in computer security. Build up a team of friends or seasoned
professionals, or even have at it by yourself if that’s your thing. Pit
yourselves against the most seasoned security professionals on the CTF scene.
Enjoy the experience of displaying your techniques, learning new skills,
competing with kindred spirits, all for the chance of claiming the rewards and
the glory that comes with them.
- Do you like delving deep into programs, websites, and anything related to computers?
- Do you like challenging yourself for the pleasure of improvement?
- Do you want to see just how good you are compared to the rest?
If any of these questions strikes a nerve, click here to register. We look forward to seeing you
showcase your skills!
What do I need
Some skills/knowledge you’ll need throughout the
- Systems programming and OS internals (Linux, Windows),
executable formats knowledge (ELF, PE)
- Reverse Engineering: anti-reverse techniques, anti-debugging
techniques, packers, obfuscation, kernel modules
- Architectures: X86, X86_64, ARM, Web Assembly
- Vulnerability analysis and exploitation of binaries
- Web Application Auditing
- Computer forensics Investigation: memory forensics, software
defined radio, file system forensics
- Cryptography: symmetric, asymmetric, post-quantum schemes and
general math skills
- Graph algorithms
What are the
- 1st place: 2,048 €
- 2nd place: 1,024 €
- 3rd place: 512 €
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Bitdefender Labs authored by Bitdefender Team. Read the original post at: https://labs.bitdefender.com/2019/09/bitdefender-is-proud-to-announce-pwnthybytes-capture-the-flag-our-competitive-ethical-hacking-contest/