SAN JOSE, Calif. and Boulder, Colo. – June 18, 2019 – Morro Data, the provider of CloudNAS global file services, announces that it has integrated JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a-Service to offer business a way to eliminate traditional, on-premise, file servers and domain controllers allowing for a cloud-centric approach for key infrastructure.
“CloudNAS customers are already enjoying the benefits of cloud scalability and NAS performance for their files.” said Paul Tien, founder and CEO of Morro Data. “However, some of our customers would also like to migrate their domain controllers to the cloud. JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a-Service centralizes and simplifies identity management with no need for on-premise servers. By integrating JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a-Service with Morro Data’s CloudNAS, both the domain controller and the traditional NAS are upgraded with modern cloud alternatives without sacrificing performance or control.”
Morro Data’s Cloud NAS solution modernizes enterprise file sharing with a scalable hybrid cloud architecture. Connected through a global file system, CloudNAS CacheDrive gateways are deployed on premise to accelerate file access from the cloud and sync among multiple sites while maintaining a fast, secure, and familiar NAS interface. Applications for CloudNAS include multi-site file server consolidation, cloud backup and archive for files and VM, as well as design collaboration. Cloud storage providers supported include AWS, Wasabi, Backblaze, and Microsoft SharePoint.
CloudNAS with JumpCloud Directory-as-a-Service provides the following key benefits:
- Identity Management and Access Control: Centrally secure and manage user identities and credentials. Connect users with all of their resources with a single password.
- Same NAS interface, performance, and control: CacheDrive maintains the familiar NAS interface with data in the cloud. JumpCloud’s cloud-based LDAP directory performs the same control as Active Directory, providing secure authentication and authorization for NAS users.
- Sync globally: CloudNAS intelligently syncs files globally and enables remote team collaboration. JumpCloud eliminates need to have separate domain controllers at multiple sites.
- Consolidate with Single Namespace and Unlimited Capacity: Sync, Replicate, Archive shares store different data types in single namespace.
- JumpCloud for Office 365: CloudNAS leverages JumpCloud’s Office 365 integration to allow authentication for its SharePoint Sync function which accelerates the access of SharePoint document libraries (Read more...)
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Blog – JumpCloud authored by Nick Scheidies. Read the original post at: https://jumpcloud.com/blog/morro-data-announces-certified-integration-with-jumpclouds-directory-as-a-service/