Leading and mentoring teams worldwide is one of my passions. In my 25 years leading customer success and customer support teams, I have been to London, Singapore, Japan, Germany, and many other countries. Some might say that I love to follow the sun around the globe.
However, that isn’t the ‘follow the sun” I am talking about. Rather, it ’s building and empowering a worldwide team that provides seamless support to our customer base and is focused on their success.
Thycotic leverages a ‘Support without Walls’ methodology to provide a seamless follow-the-sun support experience. The Support without Walls methodology removes the barriers between regions and teams making it easier to leverage resources, knowledge, and expertise worldwide including escalations when they occur.
After an extensive audit on Thycotic support (performed by the Omega Management Group), we were informed that we had acquired the coveted Omega NorthFace Award.
So how did we do it?
- Over the last 12 months, Thycotic support has shifted from a localized support model to a scalable, worldwide support model with a follow-the-sun approach
- We changed our workflows to match this approach. As a company, we were growing at a rapid pace both locally and globally. This new approach allowed us to increase responsiveness and reduce delays in all time zones. Plus, our blended teams have promoted knowledge and situational sharing to further improve customer success.
- We developed a project plan and stayed true to a timeline.
- We hired the right team. Thycotic now has a tremendously talented support team across the globe with a customer first mindset.
- We learned to navigate over and around the speed bumps. Transitioning from a localized to worldwide follow-the-sun model is not easy in a growth environment, but we learned how to adapt the model to fit our specific needs.
- We have clearly defined objectives for our new workflows and team members.
The award reinforced that our investment in the model and team are making a difference. We now have a support organization that is there for our customers through their product lifecycle no matter where they are on the globe. I am proud of how far we have come and anticipate even greater gains in 2019 and beyond.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Thycotic authored by Anthony Daubenmerkl. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Thycotic/~3/SvCbWf1wyUk/