A Revolutionary Approach to HIPAA Compliance
We all know that meeting the requirements set forth in the HIPAA compliance policy is mandatory for any healthcare, medical records, insurance, or other healthcare-related business. Securing individuals’ electronic protected health information (ePHI) is the most critical step to complying with HIPAA.
Yet this is often easier said than done, especially when you consider the high number of complex requirements that must be met in order to prove compliance.
The challenges of abiding by the “Security Rule”
For example, one of the most critical items on any HIPAA compliance checklist is meeting the Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Health Information. Commonly referred to as the “Security Rule,” this requirement establishes a national set of security standards for protecting certain health information that is held or transferred in electronic form.
The Security Rule addresses the technical and non-technical safeguards that organizations referred to “covered entities” must put in place to secure individuals’ ePHI. All covered entities must assess their security risks, even those entities who utilize certified electronic health record (EHR) technology. Those entities must put in place administrative, physical and technical safeguards to maintain compliance with the Security Rule, and document every security compliance measure.
CSPi’s HIPAA compliance solutions
If all of this sounds intimidating, we have some good news: CSPi’s security solutions are uniquely suited to address the requirements specified in the Security Rule (and in turn, to help you stay HIPAA compliant).
Our ARIA Software-Defined Security (SDS) solution and applications help healthcare organizations protect the security of individuals’ ePHI information with powerful tools and capabilities required to:
Know and prove what ePHI records were accessed (if any) through:
- The automatic detection of intrusion or unauthorized access.
- Continual and complete monitoring of ePHI data as it moves through the network (including east-west traffic), and is accessed throughout the environment.
- The ability to stop or disrupt incidents that could lead to potential disclosure.
- Block or redirect identified data conversations with ePHI repositories and provide the auditable documented detail of measures take to maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Prevent unauthorized access of customer data through the use of encryption that can be applied on a per-customer basis.
Working in conjunction with ARIA, our nVoy Series provides additional proof of HIPAA compliance with:
- Automated breach verification and notification, critical to giving healthcare organizations a better way to comply.
- Detailed and complete HIPAA compliance reports, including recordings of all conversations involving ePHI.
- Auditable proof of the exact impact of data breach, including:
- What devices are involved and to what degree?
- When did the breach start and when did it end?
- What critical databases or files were accessed?
- Who did the intruder talk to?
Visit CSPi at HIMSS19 in the Cybersecurity Command Center Booth 400, Kiosk 91.
Interested in learning more about CSPi, including how our innovative security tools are helping today’s healthcare leaders achieve compliance with HIPAA? Make your plans to visit with us at the upcoming HIMSS conference, or visit www.cspi.com, to learn more about our HIPAA compliance programs.
CSPi is a leading cybersecurity firm that has been solving security challenges since 1968. Our security solutions take a radically different approach to enterprise-wide data security by focusing on the data at its source, securing DevOps applications and leveraging network traffic for actionable insights. CSPI’s ARIA SDS platform uses a simple automated approach to protect any organization’s critical data, including PII/PHI, on-premise and in public clouds, no matter if is in use, in transit, or at rest. Our Myricom® nVoy Series appliances provide compliance assurance, automated breach verification and network monitoring enabled by the 10G dropless packet capture capabilities of our Myricom® ARC intelligent adapters. To learn more about how our cybersecurity products can help you with data privacy regulation compliance, check out our how-to guide, “Successfully Complying with Data Privacy Regulations.”