On this episode of the CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute podcast, Andrew Wertkin, CTO at BlueCat Networks, discusses a topic of great interest to many InfoSec students, DNS security, including pervasive DNS security concerns and easy fixes your security department can take advantage of right now.
In the podcast, Wertkin and host Chris Sienko discuss:
- How did you move from Neuroscience to computer security? (1:25)
- What were some of the problems you were trying to solve in Neuroscience with computers? (2:40)
- What was your career path to CTO of BlueCat like? (5:15)
- Why has full adoption of DMARC been slower than anticipated? (11:25)
- What are some of the biggest DNS security weaknesses currently being exploited? (13:25)
- What are some easy-fix solutions to common DNS security departments? (15:50)
- What are some low-cost solutions that can be implemented until an organization hardens its DNS strategy? (18:10)
- Do you feel most enterprise organizations don’t take DNS security seriously enough? (20:35)
- How does BlueCat’s DNS Edge work? (23:05)
- What should people be looking for in their DNS server log data? (25:10)
- What should organizations be doing to prepare for the next wave of DNS threats? (27:10)
About CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute
Get security awareness and IT training insight direct from the trenches in this weekly podcast hosted by InfoSec Institute’s Chris Sienko. Each week on CyberSpeak with InfoSec Institute, IT and security practitioners share their insights into a new topic, including security awareness, IT and security careers and keeping organizations safe from cybercrime.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from InfoSec Resources authored by Jeff Peters. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/infosecResources/~3/mwO1R9EQotg/