- Indicators within normal range, showing steady malicious activity.
- Top states targeted by cyber-crime activity are California, Texas and Florida. The least affected state is Missouri with 3.12% of detected incidents.
- No new incidents related to the US Midterm Elections
In the News
- Expert: ‘China has both the playbook and the capacity to interfere’ in US elections
- Alleged Russian operative infiltrated DC circles, studied US cyber strategies
- Many States Reject DHS Offer to Check Election Systems for Flaws, Saying They’re Safe from Hackers
- Illinois invests $7 million in cybersecurity to prevent election hacking
Legend & Terms
- All information below is property of Bitdefender, and based on Bitdefender monitoring systems which are proprietary and curated to remove false positives, etc.
- The information may be changed without notice. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the content, or offer any warranty.
- You may use our information in this report or from our website at your own discretion, but must cite us as the source.
- Data Debrief summarizes total activity for the prior 24-hour period and provides a comparison with we consider typical rates during a non-election or major event period.
- Daily Trends provides noted comparisons across days or weeks, or notes unique profiles of activity in conjunction with other factors that are worth watching and may serve as cybersecurity or information warfare indicators.
- New Incidents are actual attacks, exploits or compromises we have directly found and identified during this 24-period and will be detailed as a linked blog post.
As applicable, Bitdefender Labs will also notify the impacted parties. Based on legal and privacy implications, or sometimes upon the impacted party’s request, we may not report on this site at the time of detection/breach, or possibly ever. Therefore, this list is not comprehensive of the daily incidents detected and reported by Bitdefender Labs.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Bitdefender Labs authored by Bitdefender Team. Read the original post at: https://labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/report-tuesday-30-october-2018/