Microsoft has released lots of fixes for the latest versions of Windows 10. More particularly, the company has released Windows 10 build 17134.191 for Windows 10 version 1803 also known as the April 2018 Update, and Build 16299.579 for Windows 10 users on version 1709 also known as Fall Creators Update.
More about KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191)
As explained by Microsoft, this update includes quality improvements and doesn’t introduce any new operating system features. There are several key changes that should be noted.
The update addresses an issue that causes devices within Active Directory or Hybrid AADJ++ domains to unexpectedly unenroll from Microsoft Intune or third-party MDM services after installing provisioning package updates (PPKG). As explained by Microsoft, the problem occurs on devices that are subject to the Auto MDM Enrollment with AAD Token Group Policy.
There is also a notice for users that ran the script Disable-AutoEnrollMDMCSE.PS1 as a workaround for the bug – they should run Enable-AutoEnrollMDMCSE.PS1 from a PowerShell window in Administrator mode after installing the patch.
Some of the other crucial issues fixed in this update are listed below:
- The ability of the Universal CRT Ctype family of functions to handle EOF as valid input is improved.
- An issue with registration in the “Push to Install” service is fixed.
- An issue with Roaming User Profiles where the AppDataLocal and AppDataLocallow folders are incorrectly synchronized at user logon and logoff is fixed.
- Issues related to peripherals that use Quality of Service (QoS) parameters for Bluetooth connections are also addressed.
- An issue that causes SQL Server memory usage to grow over time when encrypting data using a symmetric key that has a certificate is fixed as well.
- Another issue is addressed where using an invalid password in a wireless PEAP environment that has (Read more...)
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from How to, Technology and PC Security Forum | SensorsTechForum.com authored by Milena Dimitrova. Read the original post at: https://sensorstechforum.com/kb4340917-kb4338817-issues-windows-10/