After tackling some dodgy audio issues, we have released the second episode of the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship podcast with our guest Kip Boyle (@KipBoyle), CEO of Cyber Risk Opportunities. Subscribe to Kip’s podcast. As always, the show is hosted by myself, David Spark (@dspark), Founder, Spark Media Solutions and Mike Johnson, CISO, Lyft.
In this episode, “Security Vendors Buy Their First Pack of Condoms”:
- 10-second security tip.
- Amazon Alexa hacked or just a failure of the technology?
- Does rebooting your router help or is it just security theater?
- Will automation replace entry-level SOC jobs and if so, how do we bring in new security talent?
- How security vendors helped me this week.
- Security vendors padding their pitches.
- Mitigating new risks or getting back to security basics?
We Want Your Input and Critiques
For every episode we want input from listeners!
- “Ask a CISO” question.
- A vendor pitch you want us to critique.
- A hot security discussion (please provide a link).
- A quick security tip.
- A big industry story and what it means to security professionals.
In all cases we can or can’t mention you and your company name or keep you anonymous. Just let me know what you want.
Listen and Subscribe to the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast
So many ways to connect and listen to the podcast.
Sponsor the Podcast
This week’s sponsor is “Hope,” the zero-cost yet not so valuable way to protect you and your customer’s data. We’ll be saying goodbye to “Hope” this week so if your company would like to sponsor this podcast, please contact Jeremy Jones at Security Boulevard.
Creative Commons photo attribution to Peter Rivera.