RSAC 2018 Monday Recap & Tuesday Preview: Innovation Sandbox, Securing Diversity, Upcoming Keynotes and More
The first full day of RSA Conference has concluded, and it was jam packed full of engaging and thought-provoking content.
Announcing This Year’s Innovation Sandbox Contest Winner
Congratulations to BigID as the “RSAC Most Innovative Startup 2018.” Our panel of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and security company leaders selected BigID from a group of 10 finalists as the winner. The company joins an exclusive and illustrious group of past years’ winners. We encourage you to check out our RSAC Innovation Sandbox Leaderboard to see how your favorite past participants have fared in the years since their Conference debut or track the standing of this year’s picks. You can view each organization’s current company status and funding totals for a more complete picture of where they stand today. Over the past five years, the contest’s top 10 finalists have received over $1.25 billion in investments.
Diversity is at the core to making good organizations great and, as individuals, it is what makes us succeed. At this year’s Securing Diversity seminar, Conference goers heard from a wide range of speakers bringing diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. The theme of Think Differently, focused on the constant mindset that is impacted by the world changing around us, a world that is advancing quickly and triggering changes that require ethical, business, social and emotional considerations, requiring a constant review of what defines us.
Kicking Off RSAC CyberSafety: Kids Program
The RSAC CyberSmart Parents Education Seminar enjoyed morning and afternoon sessions addressing the rapid evolutionary pace of the digital landscape. By hearing the latest research and engaging in a discussion into how this affects children, and how they are adapting, participants learned what parents, caregivers and educators can do to be prepared and stay ahead of these dynamic digital changes.
Tuesday: A Preview Snapshot
- Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security –The Honorable Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security will discuss strategies DHS is using to reach its cybersecurity goals to protect the country’s citizens and organizations from cyberattacks, breaches and cybercrime.
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – A perennial favorite, featuring the founders of our field sharing the research and innovation they continue to be engaged in. Join us to hear these luminaries discuss the past, present and future of our industry.
This year’s keynote speeches feature an impressive array of speakers and we encourage you to check out the full schedule to see who will be taking the stage this week. The Conference will also be livestreaming keynote speeches.
- Women’s Leadership Reception – Please join us for a relaxed and casual networking event at the Press Club—one of San Francisco’s most notable destinations, offering the ultimate wine experience in a sophisticated and social atmosphere. We’ll celebrate the talent, contributions and continued development of women throughout the cybersecurity community. All Conference attendees and cybersecurity professionals who support women in the industry are welcome to attend. The reception will be happening at The Press Club, 20 Yerba Buena Lane, from 5:00 – 7:30 PM.
- CyBEER Ops– Get together with all your Conference friends at our fourth annual craft beer tasting event! Join us for a hands-on interactive experience to research and uncover new flavors and tastes in California craft brewers. Located in the Marriott Marquis, CyBEER Ops opens the Early Stage Expo and The Sandbox and goes from 4:30-6:00 PM. Come and see exciting new startups and meet and greet the Sandbox Leads to learn more about IoT, Network vulnerabilities, hacks, demos and more. The event is free for Full Conference pass holders and press. All other badge holders can purchase tickets through registration.
- Nighttime Ninja – Don’t forget that new this year are our sponsor-hosted sessions that explore technical solutions. These will be happening on Tuesday night starting at 6:30 PM and Wednesday night starting at 7:30 PM.
And for those of you unable to joins us at the show in-person this year, we encourage you to check out RSAC OnDemand, featuring some of the Conference’s most looked-forward-to moments, RSAC onDemand will gives you critical and relevant industry information online and wherever you are.
Heard in the Press Room
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from RSA Conference Blog authored by RSAC Editorial Team. Read the original post at: http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs/day-1-recap-innovation-sandbox-contest-and-more