Last week, we took a look at fake Whatsapp antics, dubious gaming extensions, and a huge Panera bread breach. There was also LockCrypt ransomware to contend with, we had a poke around Linkedin, and we published another Physician, protect thyself blog.
- Compromised cash register systems (source: Fin7)
- Drone buyer data leaked (source: The Register)
- Data scraping problems for Facebook (source: Help Net Security)
- Office 365 and ransomware protection (source: Microsoft)
- Charities potentially vulnerable to CEO fraud (source: gov.uk)
- Mirai financial sector attack detailed (source: SCMag)
- Erroneous Equifax breach letters (source: CNBC)
- Chat system hacked (source: The Register)
- Fighting back against mobile phish attacks (source: CSO magazine)
- 3 million scam letters caught in 18 months (source: Which? magazine)
Stay safe, everyone!
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Malwarebytes Labs authored by Malwarebytes Labs. Read the original post at: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/04/a-week-in-security-april-02-april-08/