PowerShell enables IT admins to programmatically control their directory, allowing them to automate many administrative tasks. While many think that PowerShell is exclusive to Windows and Microsoft® Active Directory®, that is not the case. In fact, the PowerShell automation and configuration management framework was made open source and cross-platform in late 2016. Now you are able to leverage it with the JumpCloud PowerShell Module to automate many of your tasks in JumpCloud® Directory-as-a-Service®. Some of these common tasks that you can script include:
- Importing JumpCloud users from .csv files
- Exporting JumpCloud user/system information to a .csv file
- Resetting JumpCloud user passwords
- Triggering JumpCloud Commands
- Creating/removing JumpCloud users
You can find the JumpCloud PowerShell module on our GitHub page here, along with instructions for installing and using it. To help admins interact with the JumpCloud PowerShell Module, we have begun a series that covers some installation and usages of the module. You can find this video series embedded below:
If there is a specific video that you are looking for, you can find a list of all of our currently available JumpCloud PowerShell Module videos below:
- Install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Windows
- This video tutorial teaches you how you can install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Windows systems.
- Install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Mac
- In this video tutorial, you will learn how you can install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Mac systems.
- Install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Linux
- This video tutorial provides a step by step guide that you can follow to install the JumpCloud PowerShell Module on Linux systems.
- Basic User Import from CSV
- This video is a straightforward demonstration of the user import process using the JumpCloud PowerShell Module. You will see a small-scale user import from a .csv file. This example follows a user information export from G Suite, that is then populated into a .csv, and imported into JumpCloud.
- Advanced User Import from CSV
- In this video, you will find a guide on how you can use the JumpCloud PowerShell Module to import large numbers of (Read more...)
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from JumpCloud authored by Jon Griffin. Read the original post at: https://jumpcloud.com/blog/jumpcloud-powershell-module-video-series/