For many years, Microsoft Active Directory® (AD) has been synonymous with enterprise-grade directory services. While AD’s effectiveness has waned, there are still plenty of organizations who either want to keep on-prem infrastructure or who have AD too ingrained into their infrastructure to remove it. Often IT organizations with AD must employ third party tools in order to connect to non-Microsoft and cloud resources. Add-ons and workarounds are required to effectively manage Linux and Mac systems, SaaS, IaaS, or anything else that AD can’t natively touch. But leveraging a suite of unique third party vendors to bolster your core directory is both cumbersome and expensive. Fortunately there is another option. With JumpCloud® Directory-as-a-Service®, you can use our AD Bridge feature and extend Active Directory credentials to all of these services, all through one web-based platform.
Sound interesting? Then this is the place to learn more. In the below video playlist, you can find an entire series that provides teachings about JumpCloud’s AD Bridge ranging from an in-depth conceptual overview to tutorials on specific uses like cloud RADIUS, cloud servers, cross-platform users. Check out the JumpCloud AD Bridge series for yourself and see the extended capabilities AD Bridge can bring to your directory.
JumpCloud’s AD Bridge Series
Is there a specific topic that you are looking for regarding the AD Bridge? If so, you can find a list of all of our currently available videos here:
- AD Bridge | Whiteboard Video
- This video is from our whiteboard series and is a great place to start when looking for an understanding of the AD Bridge. JumpCloud’s Chief Product Officer Greg Keller provides a deep dive on the conceptual aspects of the feature.
- Installing AD Bridge | JumpCloud Tutorial
- A detailed tutorial video on the process to install the AD Bridge on your Active Directory instance.
- RADIUS & LDAP with AD Bridge | JumpCloud Tutorial
- In this video you will find a step-by-step guide that details how you can leverage the AD Bridge for cloud-based RADIUS and LDAP services.
- Managing Cloud Servers with AD Bridge | JumpCloud Tutorial
- This video details how you can set up a connection and manage your cloud servers with Active Directory through the AD Bridge tool.
- Users & Groups and AD Bridge | JumpCloud Tutorial
- This episode of the AD Bridge series discusses how you can leverage JumpCloud’s Users and Groups feature with AD Bridge. This enables cross-platform system management.
- User Account Provisioning & Control with AD Bridge | JumpCloud Tutorial
- A tutorial video that demonstrates user account provisioning and control with AD Bridge. Topics covered include the requirements to sync with G Suite/O365, how to take over existing G Suite/O365 accounts, how to create a new user from AD into G Suite/O365, and how to disable user accounts in G Suite/O365 – all using the AD Bridge.
- JumpCloud Walkthrough Video
- JumpCloud’s AD Bridge enables admins to use the entire platform to manage their users. This walkthrough video will give a quick overview of what some of those features are.
Subscribe to Our Channel for More about the JumpCloud Active Directory Bridge
We understand that there is always a need for good educational content, and as a result we are always working to produce more video resources. To stay up to date on when we release a new video, make sure you subscribe to our channel! We have many more tutorial videos, webinars, and whiteboard videos to come, so stay tuned to see them.
This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog post authored by Vince Lujan. Read the original post at: JumpCloud