Last week on Malwarebytes Labs, we looked at a huge Android cryptomining campaign, malicious apps on Google Play, and some Apple scams doing the rounds. We also explored the world of healthcare security, and dived into the land of scammy Valentine’s Day tricks and cheats.
- Thought the Equifax breach couldn’t get any worse? You might want to take a seat. (Source: The Register)
- Google Chrome is going to start blocking a wide range of ads. (Source: Google)
- Bitcoin phishing pulls in massive amount of cash. (Source: Coindesk)
- Two Russian nationals are in a whole lot of trouble. (Source: Justice(dot)gov)
- Not on Windows 10 but need some ATP support? Microsoft would like a word. (Source: Microsoft)
- Intel is offering big money for big vulnerabilities. (Source: Help Net Security)
- Websites are now asking users to sign up for some mining instead of viewing ads. (Source: Mashable)
- Unfortunately, aliens are going to kill us all with malware. (Source: LadBible)
- 50k Snapchat users phished. (Source: The Verge)
- Savannah city government recovers from malware attack. (Source: The Kansas City Star)
Stay safe, everyone!
This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog post authored by Malwarebytes Labs. Read the original post at: Malwarebytes Labs