The Inter American Press Association (IAPA) is an independent, non-partisan and non-profit organization bringing together Western Hemisphere media interested in promoting and protecting freedom of expression and the public’s right to be informed in the Americas.
Its primary goals are the following:
- To defend freedom of expression.
- To promote the interests of newspapers, broadcasters and digital media the Americas.
- To strengthen and preserve the dignity, rights, and responsibilities of journalism.
- To raise uniformity in professional standards and ethical conduct.
- To exchange ideas and information leading to the cultural and technological development of media.
- To strive for broader understanding and cooperation among the peoples of the Americas and to uphold the fundamental principles upon which a free society and individual freedoms are based.
The IAPA is hosting an event on cybersecurity on Sunday, October 29 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Cylance’s Vice President and Ambassador-at-Large, John McClurg, will be speaking on Panel 2: Cybersecurity 1, a National Perspective.
Joining McClurg on the panel will be Michael Kaiser, National Cybersecurity Alliance, Washington, DC; Alison Treppel, OAS, Washington, DC; Noel Kyle, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Washington, DC.
This panel of experts will address some of the basic questions the community is asking, such as Where do we start? How do mature your cybersecurity over time? This panel of experts from the private sector and the U.S. government will help explain flexible, non-technical, and easy-to-adopt ways to achieve more cyber-secure organizations.
// Return false to prevent the submission handler from taking the lead to the follow up url
This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog post authored by The Cylance Team. Read the original post at: Cylance Blog