I have seen different talks by Simon Sinek and I have to admit, I really like him.
I just recently found a TED Talk by him on leadership. He had a few really remarkable quotes on leadership:
- In military, they give medals to people who sacrifice themselves so others may gain. In business, we give bonuses to people who are willing to sacrifice others so we may gain.
- He asked “military heroes”: Why did you do it? The answer: Because they would have done it for me
- It is the leader that sets the tone. When a leader makes the choice to put the safety and lives of the people within the organization first and sacrifice their comfort and sacrifice the tangible results so that the people remain and feel safe and feel they belong, remarkable things happen.
- If you have hard times in your family, would you ever consider laying off your children?
- About a CEO: He is not looking at headcount but “heartcount”
He has some more, additional stories you need to listen to. These are well invested 12 minutes. You should really look into this:
This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog post authored by Roger Halbheer. Read the original post at: Roger Halbheer on Security