Expands SD-WAN, Secure Wi-Fi, Cloud-based Centralized Management Capabilities to Address the Needs of Distributed Enterprises and MSPs
SAN JOSE, Calif.– September 6, 2017 – Untangle®, Inc., a leader in comprehensive network security for small-to-medium business (SMB), today announced the release of the latest version of its award-winning NG Firewall software, version 13.1. NG Firewall delivers a comprehensive solution for content filtering, malware and threat protection, secure Wi-Fi, application control, bandwidth optimization, virtual private networks and more, enabling organizations to protect, monitor and control their networks.
The v13.1 release features a new app, Tunnel VPN, plus improvements to Captive Portal, expanding Untangle NG Firewall’s industry-leading connectivity and authentication capabilities to address the needs of distributed enterprises, branch offices, retailers, franchises and other organizations that rely on SD-WAN and secure Wi-Fi solutions.
“Version 13.1 continues to advance Untangle’s leadership in delivering cloud-enabled, software-first solutions to ensuring secure, reliable and optimized internet connectivity to SMB and the distributed enterprise,” said Scott Devens, Untangle’s chief executive officer.
Tunnel VPN provides secure tunnels to remote servers and services and determines which traffic goes through these tunnels by leveraging Untangle’s innovative tagging system, enabling administrators to set up dynamic, advanced routing that can automatically determine the best path to the WAN, ensuring network reliability and business continuity.
Tunnel VPN works seamlessly to enable a variety of networking scenarios, including:
- Branch Offices: Sends internet-bound traffic through another site (data center, NOC, headquarters) for security, filtering, policy enforcement and centralized reporting, alleviating the need for management or reporting at the branch.
- Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB): Leverages CASB to process some or all traffic as it transits from the local infrastructure to the internet, allowing a layered approach to security that reduces the burden on remote offices.
- SD-WAN: Reduces WAN costs, improves uptime and ensures reliability by utilizing the best route to the internet for network traffic.
- Privacy: Connects to a cloud-hosted Untangle instance or other third party privacy VPN to ensure secure, private browsing and application usage as well as net-neutral access.
Organizations that provide secure Wi-Fi to employees, customers or the public can now use Captive Portal to authenticate users via Google, Facebook, or Office 365 accounts directly with those services, enabling administrators to easily identify users without having to maintain separate directories, reducing administrative overhead, speeding login and providing opportunities for user-customized communications and access privileges.
Untangle also announced enhancements to its cloud-based centralized management platform for NG Firewall, Untangle Command Center:
- Global Alerts: Administrators can now create global alerts across deployments, improving visibility, ensuring business continuity, and easing management for multi-site deployments and MSPs. Global alerts also tackle uptime issues by ensuring alert deliverability in the event of an outage or WAN failure, including via tools like Pager Duty and Slack.
- Licensing and Provisioning: In addition to managing subscriptions and appliances, administrators can now manage billing information, simplifying the licensing and provisioning process.
- Role-based Management: In-house IT or service providers like MSPs can now divide responsibilities for administering specific deployments across different user accounts.
Pricing & Availability
Untangle NG Firewall version 13.1 is available as a free download. Current Untangle customers will be able to upgrade seamlessly at no charge. Command Center’s new features will be available in September.
Join us for the Community Webinar: v13.1 on September 13, 2017 at 10 AM PT. Register here.
Untangle is an innovator in cybersecurity designed specifically for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding businesses, home offices, nonprofits, schools and governmental organizations. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity to organizations with limited IT resources. Untangle’s award-winning network security solutions are trusted by over 40,000 customers around the world. Untangle is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, www.untangle.com.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Untangle authored by firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the original post at: https://www.untangle.com/press-releases/untangle-releases-ng-firewall-version-13-1/